Hello my friends.
I feel so relaxed and refreshed. Kurt and I went on a road trip to Baltimore for a little alone time. Our wedding anniversary is this week and we thought it would be great to get away for good eats and a little R&R. The weather was beautiful, the fall has arrived.
Speaking of an anniversary, a few great ladies are having their blogaversaries this week and we are celebrating. Happy blogaversaries to Marcie at Flavor the Moments, Meghan at Spoonful of Flour and Ashley at Wishes and Dishes. To celebrate the wonderful bloggers below put together this awesome giveaway for you.
Be sure to enter.
I also made a hearty cheesy vegetarian lasagna for you. I must admit I absolutely loved the way it turned out. The pesto ricotta is so addicting and adds so much incredible flavor to this lasagna. The meaty eggplant will make you forget that there is no meat here. Perfect dinner for #MeatlessMonday.
Have a great weekend friends. I hope this week is much calmer than last week.
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced ¼ inch thick
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cup part skim ricotta
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 jar store bought organic good quality marinara sauce (I used Bertolli Organic)
- 1 package lasagna pasta noodles
- 1¼ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat a griddle or a stove top grill pan. Coat eggplant slices with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill a few minutes on each side, until eggplant begins to soften. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. The heat will continue cooking the eggplant and help it get softer.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain then lay each noodle flat on parchment paper to prevent from sticking.
- While pasta cooks, make pesto and mix it with ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- To arrange lasagna:
- Spread a little marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Lay a layer a noodles overlapping edges just a bit. Next arrange a few eggplant slices over the noodles. Top with ⅓ cup of pesto ricotta mixture, about ¼ cup of marinara sauce and sprinkle with a 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat creating 4 more layers.
- Generously top with the rest of the shredded mozzarella and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until the cheese bubbles, about 35-40 min.