This might be the simplest chicken fingers recipe you’ll find.
I am having writer’s block.
It took me five minutes just to come up with that sentence. I kept searching for an idea I thought might come crawling out from deep within. All I came up with was nothing. Many nights I lay in bed for hours tortured by my own creativity and yet when the times comes I draw a blank. Go figure. Wow, I actually wrote an entire paragraph about nothing.
Well since I am so uncreative today and did not photograph my very boring eats for our What I Ate Wednesday fun I might as well share a recipe. But if you’re curious what other bloggers are eating head on over to Peas & Crayons for a weekly party of food sharing.
Happy Birthday to my love, my best friend and the best daddy I know – my husband Kurt. Briana and I love you!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 3 strips each
- ½ cup Panko
- ¼ cup low fat Vegenaise (or mayo)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the chicken strips with salt.
- In a small bowl combine Panko, paprika and parmesan cheese.
- In another small bowl stir vegenaise.
- Dip each strip in vegenaise to coat slightly, then roll on the breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through inside.