I watched an incredible program last night called “Hungry for Change”. I must say it was eye opening to learn some facts about foods available to us and the labels on the boxes. I have always been health conscious but I now understand so much more about nutrition facts and the deceptive labels on foods we consume.
It has been an insane week. I can’t believe that it’s Friday and am looking forward to a long weekend. I feel exhausted and this dish took me no time to prepare. It’s delicious, healthy and is ready in under 30 minutes. I used whole grain linguine, made arugula pesto, added broccoli and asparagus and Vola!, a vitamin packed meal.
I love the combination of broccoli and pasta. I am also loving the flavor of pesto with whole grain pasta. When boiling whole grain pasta take the time to fully cook it. It tastes better.
Broccoli & Asparagus Pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1/2 package whole grain linguine
- 1/4 cup arugula pesto (see below)
- Arugula Pesto
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- handful of pine nuts and walnuts
- Blend together in a blender until well combined
- 1. Boil salted water and cook linguine until al dente.
- 2. Add broccoli and asparagus to pasta and cook another 2-3 min. You want the vegetables to have a crunch and still retain the nutrients.
- 3. Drain, combine with pesto and serve.