I am so excited to share this fabulous recipe with you today.
It’s not a surprise that I love all things seafood. I am always on the lookout for new ways to prepare my favorite fish, salmon. I got the idea to use it on a sandwich from one of the latest issues of the multiple cooking magazines I subscribe to. The Asian style salmon sub looked so good, I’m pretty sure I heard it say “Make me! Eat me!” I decided to make my own version but not just one but two ways, sort of like his & hers.
Success!!! Delicious is the spot on way to describe it. Both Kurt and I loved it so much, no doubt it will make its way into a regular dinner rotation at our home.
For my version I used store bought tzatziki sauce, capers, red onions and fresh cucumbers. I love Whole Foods tzatziki and don’t bother making my own, but of course you can make it yourself as well. Kurt’s sandwich had some kick to it. Instead of tzatziki I used spicy mayo, pickled jalapenos and capers. While Kurt’s sandwich packed some heat, mine was refreshing and crisp. Of course we took turns sharing our food.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone. Happy 4th of July.
- two salmon portions
- arugula micro greens or any other greens
- store bought tzatziki
- 1 tbsp Vegenaise (or mayo)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- cucumber slices
- 1 tbsp capers
- pickled jalapeño slices
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- whole grain buns
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Grill 7 minutes on each side. Tip: You can prepare the salmon any way you prefer such as broil, bake or pan sear. I cooked my salmon on cedar planks. If you do the same make sure to soak the planks in water for at least 1 hour.
- Once the salmon is cooked, flake it roughly.
- Prepare spicy mayo by mixing Vegenaise and Sriracha in a bowl, adding more Sriracha to make it spicier.
- To arrange sandwich number one: Spread tzatziki over the bun, top with arugula, capers, red onion and cucumber slices. Arrange salmon on top.
- To arrange the spicy sandwich: Spread spicy mayo over the bun, top with arugula, capers, red onion and jalapeño slices. Arrange salmon on top.