I am going to start by saying – this burger is Da Bomb!!! That’s it. This is my entire post. Oh wait, I do want to add something… make sure you buy good quality lump crab meat. Don’t go cheapo here, the crab makes all the difference. I got lucky, my local supermarket had it on sale. 🙂 Here is the break down, 1 16oz container makes 4 sizable crab cakes. This burger takes no time to make, is full of healthy Omega 3 fatty acids and protein. It’s an easy way to skip the meat, loaded on B-vitamins and is delicious. You can take this a step further and skip the burger bun in its entirety. Ok, now I am done.
I made this with baked potato wedges coated with parmesan and panko crumbs. Can I say YUM! I will post that post separately. 🙂
To make the burgers combine crab meat, siracha mayo and italian style panko. Oh and add a little bit of old bay seasoning.
Sear crab patties in a grill pan until brown on each side. Fry some eggs. Now its time to assemble the burger. To start, spread spicy mayo (mayo and Siracha mixed together to the desired spice level) on one side of the bun, top with lettuce, tomato, crabby patty (SpongeBob, haha) and fried egg. It’s messy but soooo worth it.
Crab Cake Burgers with Fried Egg
- 1/2lb lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup italian style panko
- 2 1/2 tbsp spicy mayo (combine light mayo with Siracha until desired spiciness level is reached)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 burger buns
- 1. Combine crab meat, panko and 2 tbsp spicy mayo. Mix gently. Form into patties.
- 2. Sear patties in a grill pan until golden brown.
- 3. While patties cook, fry eggs.
- 4. Spread spicy mayo on a bun, top with lettuce, tomato, crab burger and fried egg.