This post is taking me longer than usual to write simply because I can’t help but stop watching my husband play his new Assassins Creed 3 game. Haha. I don’t know why but I am actually enjoying the story line. Maybe it’s because I am such a history lover and the whole Native American – Templar thing is interesting to me, but then again… Anyways back to the post. On Sunday I wanted to exercise my baking skills just a little so I made these semi home baked treats. Apparently they must have been really good because between Briana and Kurt they were gone within the first hour. Briana actually kept trying to steel some while I was trying to photograph them.
I used reduced fat Pillsbury Crescents, put a little reduced fat cream cheese and all natural no sugar added strawberry preserves.
And just like that I had made a less fat warm deliciousness that was gone within an hour. I think all together it took me 20 minutes to make them. First mix 1 tbsp cream cheese with 2 tbsp strawberry preserves together in a bowl. Then drop a little onto the wider end of the crescent, roll them into shape by sealing the edges a little and then bake at 375 degrees for about 11 minutes.
That’s it. Simple as that! Serve with preserves for some good measure.
Oh just a small update, apparently the bear just killed my husband.
Also I found this amazing carton at the grocery store the other day. Christmas is saved!
Cream Cheese & Strawberry Crescents
- 1 package reduced fat Pillsbury Crescents
- 1 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp all natural sugar free strawberry preserves
- 1. Mix cream cheese and preserves together to combine.
- 2. Unroll crescents according to the package directions.
- 3. Drop cream cheese mixture at the wide end and roll to form a crescent. Seal the edges by pressing gently.
- 4. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes.