I’m not much into baking, but once in a while a desire to make dessert takes over me and I find myself playing around with flour, chocolate and baking pans. Every time I make brownies I laugh a little. I remember being pregnant with Briana and having an insane craving for home made brownies. I whipped up a batch, ate them all by myself, yes, all 12 of them, and went to see my doctor for a check up a day later. At my weight in I saw her eye brow go up. She looked up and asked “What did you do? How much have you been eating?” I never quite told her about my brownie craving, but I will never forget the look on her face.
There are few things that compare to a homemade brownie. It’s almost as good as homemade bread. The smell that fills the whole house is alone worth baking these. I used organic chocolate cake mix to make them simple and substituted oil for coconut cream. I drizzled the top with condensed milk and topped with peanut butter chips for extra gooey flavor.
Happy Monday. I hope these brownies brighten up your day.
Serving size: 1
- 1 box organic chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup full fat coconut cream
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread in a 9 x 9 baking pan, drizzle with condensed milk and top with peanut butter chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Make sure not to over bake in you like your brownies gooey.