Looking for a healthy treat to keep cool and satisfy the sweet tooth at the same time? Look no further, I got you covered with these yogurt cream popsicles.
Summer is just around the corner. Are you just excited as I am?
This weekend we got the taste of summer. The pool, the sun, the flip flops and the barbecues. This prompted me to make treats that both my milk sensitive husband and my ice cream loving daughter would be able to enjoy in the heat. Ice cream pops are the best way to celebrate. They are also healthier and super easy to make.
Greek yogurt and maple syrup are a fantastic combination for a tangy yet sweet cream base. But lets talk about the jammy berry layer of goodness. Strawberries and raspberries simmered with honey in a quick sauce gives these pops a deeper flavor that both kids and adults love.
The awesome thing about popsicles is that no matter the age you’re always in the mood for them. As long as it’s hot outside there will always be a craving for popsicles, and I’m not going to lie they are extremely good after a soak in the sun by the pool. The layered look is so appetizing as well. The berry compote will stay slightly softer than the yogurt base sending your taste buds on an adventure. Enjoy!
Fruit & Yogurt Cream Pops
- 1½ cup strawberries and raspberries combined
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- ⅓ cup water
- juice from 1 large orange
- 2 cups Chobani Greek plain yogurt ( I used 2%)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a small sauce pan combine quartered strawberries and raspberries with honey and water. Bring to a simmer and cook stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and pure until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the seeds. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt and maple syrup.
- Layer both mixtures in popsicle molds starting with the berry compote. Freeze for at least 4 hours. These will store for about 1 month if you can keep them that long.