Grilled Pineapple Salsa slightly sweet, mildly spicy and completely addicting. This salsa makes a perfect appetizer and a delicious addition to tacos, fish or grilled steak.
With grilling season in full swing it’s easy to get an entire meal prepared on the grill without having to sweat in front of the stove or the oven. One of the best parts about grilling is spending time outdoors unless of course it’s 90 plus and humid like it’s been here the last few days. But I’m not complaining, soon enough the hot sunny days of summer will be history and the cold will be back.
For years I let Kurt do all the grilling but this year I decided it was time I master the art. If you have never grilled before then don’t be afraid. It’s easy and the cleanup is minimal, my favorite part.
Did you know that grilling fruit brings out its natural sweetness. Take this Grilled Pineapple Salsa for example, the grilled pineapple is fantastic and the combination with habanero flakes is addicting. Slightly sweet yet mildly spicy this salsa can be served over grilled steak tacos, fish or eaten with chips. The leftovers also make a great snack the next day.
- ½ pineapple, sliced into ½ inch circles
- ¼ tsp habanero flakes
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- juice one small lime
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Grill pineapple slices on a preheated grill, about 2-3 min on each side. Chop, mix with habanero flakes and set aside to cool.
- Once pineapple is cooled add red onion, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and the lime juice dressing. Gently stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.