I can not get enough of the beautiful weather we are having. Spring is finally showing its true colors. Our lawn is looking spectacular, luscious and extra green. My tulips are in full bloom. And I can not get enough of the bright colors.
This recipe was inspired by the shrimp we had in New Hope, PA last weekend. I really enjoyed that charred grilled taste of the prawns and wanted to recreate it.
Kurt and I only recently have discovered polenta, but we have fallen in love with it. I made it Mediterranean style with fat free feta cheese and truffle oil. For vegetables I sauteed julienned zucchini and carrots. The entire dish was heavenly and only took about 40 minutes to put together.
I wish you all a great weekend. Let’s hope the weather continues to be pleasant.
Serving size: 5-6 prawns
- ½ lb large prawns, shelled
- 2 tbsp Wasabiyaki sauce
- Preheat grill.
- Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a bowl combine grilled shrimp with Wasabiyaki sauce
- Serve immediately
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- ½ large carrot, julienned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat olive oil in a skillet.
- Saute carrots and zucchini about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- few dashes truffle oil
- ¼ cup fat free feta
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and polenta.
- Cook on low heat, stirring frequently, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add feta, truffle oil and parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Oil a bowl, transfer polenta and let set for 10 minutes.
- Slice into equal pieces.
- The next step is optional:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sear polenta slices a few minutes on each side until golden.