Happy Monday all 🙂
I have a confession.
I miss rain.
Yes, as weird as it sounds I miss rain. It’s been quite an Indian summer here in New Jersey with temperatures high up in the 80’s. I feel like we should be going back to the pool, instead of unboxing our fall clothes. It hasn’t rained in about 3 weeks and I’m kind of craving it.
Briana was very sick for the most part of the week. Her fever reached 102 and my focus shifted entirely to her well being. Thankfully she’s kicked this bug to the curb and everything is getting back to normal.
Now that I’m done being so random I want to share this simple appetizer, toast, snack, what ever you want to call it, recipe because I love it. You’re going to love it too. Trust me.
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp adobo
- juice of ¼ lime
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ciabatta or sourdough bread slices, sliced about ½ inch thick
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler and broil until golden on one side. About 2-3 min. Let the toast cool.
- Mash avocado. Add adobo and lime. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix tomatoes, red onion, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- To assemble: spread avocado mixture over the toast and top with tomato bruschetta.
- Season with extra salt, if needed, and enjoy.