I love the simplicity of beautiful summer recipes.
Give me fresh watermelon, light cocktails, simple salads and barbeque and I’m there. This time of the year the backyard becomes my kitchen, the tiki torches are lit all weekend long and flip flops and maxi dresses are my go to essentials.
So fire up the grill! I got a juicy chicken kabob recipe that will have you fall in love at the first bite.
I prefer boneless thighs for this recipe. The chicken stays tender and juicy while it grills so you don’t lose any flavor and have tender pieces of shish kabob at the end.
I made a simple marinade with limes, garlic, cilantro and olive oil, transferred it to a zip lock bag and let cut up thighs sit in it for 2 hours. That’s really all the time it needs. You don’t want the lime juice to start cooking the chicken.
When grilling outdoors I prefer to use metal skewers. However, if you don’t have any, wooden ones would work just fine. Make sure to soak them in water for about an hour before use.
Serve with a light potato salad, a refreshing Watermelon Fresca and let your belly be happy.
Enjoy the summer.
- 4 limes, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 1 lemon/lime sliced
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a zip lock bag. Add thighs, shake to coat and set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Skewer the thighs, shallots, green onion and lemon/lime slices onto metal skewers. If using wooden skewers make sure to soak them for an hour.
- Grill on medium heat for about 15 minutes until the meat is no longer pink inside.