“To bring anything into your life, imagine that it’s already there” Richard Bach.
My friends, I am using the law of attraction to bring warm weather into my life. This morning I heard on the news that so far this year we have doubled the amount of snow this area gets on average and there are still 36 days of winter left. We are due to get another blizzard with “significant” accumulations tomorrow. Me no likey!
I have been following the Law of Attraction principle for a few months now. This belief is based on the idea that people and their thoughts are made of pure energy and for that reason we can attract positive or negative into our lives just by focusing our thoughts in either direction. This concept is fascinating to me. Although there are many skeptics out there, it is our human right to believe in what we want and to follow ideas that make us feel good. While I understand it has nothing to do with weather, the thought itself makes me feel good and that’s all that matters.
This bean stew also makes me feel really good. Mostly because it warms my chilled body and tastes insanely good. Since it’s nutritiously good for you, it also makes me feel good about eating it. And it’s makes for killer lunch leftovers the next day.
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 lb pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon (use vegetable bouillon for vegetarian version)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch Oven, add garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken bouillon, cover with water and simmer for about 1½ hours until the beans are very soft.
- Stir in kale, season with salt, pepper and cook another 10 minutes.