Every cook has their own favorite lasagna recipe. There are many ways to make it and it’s hard to pick just one favorite. Homemade lasagna is one of the best ways to feed a crowd especially when it’s served with salad, garlic bread and a glass of wine.
All of last week I was craving something. I couldn’t figure out what it was. Then strolling through the pasta isle I noticed instant lasagna noodles. That’s when I realized what I was craving. LASAGNA. But not just any lasagna, I was craving hearty meaty cheesy lasagna.
This dish is loaded with ground lamb, mushrooms and lots of cheesy goodness. If you have never tried the combination, I suggest you make it this weekend. I promise, you won’t be left disappointed. Pinky swear.
By the way if you’re looking for a great Garlic Bread recipe, check out this version by the sweet Natalie at Tastes Lovely.
- 6 instant lasagna noodles (I used Delverde tomato flavored)
- 1 25oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Michaels of Brooklyn brand because its all natural and has no preservatives)
- 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1lb of ground lamb
- 1 3oz package of baby bella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dry italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet, add mushrooms and sauté about 5 min. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and lamb. Cook until no longer pink. Drain the fat and return to the heat.
- Add fresh garlic, italian seasoning, mushrooms and marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer, then turn off the heat.
- Prepare noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add a little meat mixture to the bottom of a baking dish and spread evenly. This will prevent lasagna from sticking and burning.
- Top with 2 sheets of noodles, some meat mixture, a few scoops of ricotta cheese (gently spread) and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making 3 layers. Top the final layer with lots of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.