Hi guys. Did you have a great weekend?
I surely did. Time spent with my loves always makes me happy and recharged for the new week.
My little girl finally learned how to swim. I spent a couple of hours in the pool with her on saturday but got no where. Leave it up to hubby to teach her in a matter of minutes. Nevertheless I am so glad she finally overcame her fears.
We spent a good part of the day hanging in the pool. Don’t you just love the dog days of summer? Days of laziness and sunshine. Days of good food and fun times.
Speaking of good food. I made Grilled Cheese for us all for lunch, but this wasn’t some regular grilled cheese. This was a Loaded Grilled Cheese made with three different cheeses, kale and mushrooms. Pure goodness.
This grilled cheese was also made with the real sourdough bread shipped from San Francisco. Kurt grew up in Northern California and there is one thing he misses on the East Coast – its the sourdough bread. So we found a way to get the bread shipped to us.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 sliced lite swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup kale, cut into small pieces
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms and onions, sauté about 8 minutes
- Add kale and cook another 4-5 minutes until kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush one side of the bread with olive oil.
- Divide the mixture among 2 bread slices, top with cheese and the other bread slices.
- Place in a hot skillet oiled side down.
- Cover with a lid. Cook 3 minutes until golden.
- Turn and cook another 2 minutes.