Happy Monday ya’ll. I know, I know, I’m not southern but we’ve been watching BBQ Pitmasters all Sunday afternoon so I felt like saying it. Kurt and I were being goofballs and kept talking with our southern accents all evening. We had fun. I’m so excited for spring to get here already, I can hardy wait. Kurt is already planning his next smoked BBQ party. I think we’re a bit ahead of ourselves considering that it snowed here on Saturday. Despite that I know it’s only a few weeks till March is over, after all Punxsutawney Phil predicted we’re getting an early spring. I hope that little critter is right.
I strongly recommend you try these Louisiana Crab Cakes. And you must make the Yogurt Dill Sauce to go along with it. Must! Whenever my supermarket has jumbo lump crab meat on sale, crab cakes instantaneously make menu headlines in our house. They always get devoured.
I wish I took a picture of the yummy asparagus and shitake stir fry I made to go along with these beauties. Overall dinner was a smashing hit.
I hope you have a great week. Weekend is only five days away.
Louisiana Crab Cakes with Yogurt Dill Sauce
Author: Kathy Steger
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs plus ¼ cup more for dredging
- Dill Sauce
- ¼ cup fat free Chobani yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat ½ tbsp olive oil in a skillet and saute onion and celery until vegetables are soft. Cool and move to a bowl.
- Add mayo, an egg, Tabasco, Worcestershire, old bay, dill and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Shape into patties and chill for 25 minutes. You can make anywhere from 4-6 patties depending on how thick you like them.
- Meanwhile make the dill sauce by stirring to combine all the ingredients.
- Dredge patties in the remaining panko crumbs.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet and cook patties until golden on each side.