Do you ever feel as if you need a day off just to relax after a weekend? Well, that’s how I feel.
It all started with chasing my vivacious Briana at a birthday party for a friend’s sweet daughter on Saturday. It continued with me smelling my husband climbing in and out of bed as he was smoking a brisket all night long for our Father’s Day party. He smelled so delicious, I was getting hungry in my sleep.
It ended Sunday night after a day off cooking, entertaining and of course cleaning up after the party. With the exception of sitting down to watch the new season of True Blood, I do not remember sitting down at all in those two days.
I do remember the perfect evening with a gorgeous sky. As our guests relaxed outside and enjoyed some wine I snapped this beautiful picture.
Nevertheless, we had a fun filled weekend. As much as we enjoy throwing parties we equally enjoy relaxing and that’s what we’ll be doing next weekend.
After eating like the world was about to end over the last two days my body was craving a lighter dish. With the right amount of spiciness and a lot of flavor this chickpea curry was just what I needed.
How was your weekend?
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 (15oz) cans organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup packed fresh spinach
- ½ cup 2% Chobani greek yogurt
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, add onion and sauté until softened on medium high heat.
- Add garam masala and curry powder. Stir well to combine and release oils.
- Add chickpeas, marinara sauce and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in yogurt, season with salt to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over rice garnished with cilantro