Do you ever feel as if you need a day off just to relax after a weekend? Well, that’s how I feel.
It all started with chasing my vivacious Briana at a birthday party for a friend’s sweet daughter on Saturday. It continued with me smelling my husband climbing in and out of bed as he was smoking a brisket all night long for our Father’s Day party. He smelled so delicious, I was getting hungry in my sleep. 🙂
It ended Sunday night after a day off cooking, entertaining and of course cleaning up after the party. With the exception of sitting down to watch the new season of True Blood, I do not remember sitting down at all in those two days.
I do remember the perfect evening with a gorgeous sky. As our guests relaxed outside and enjoyed some wine I snapped this beautiful picture.
Nevertheless, we had a fun filled weekend. As much as we enjoy throwing parties we equally enjoy relaxing and that’s what we’ll be doing next weekend. 🙂
After eating like the world was about to end over the last two days my body was craving a lighter dish. With the right amount of spiciness and a lot of flavor this chickpea curry was just what I needed.
How was your weekend?
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 (15oz) cans organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup packed fresh spinach
- ½ cup 2% Chobani greek yogurt
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven, add onion and sauté until softened on medium high heat.
- Add garam masala and curry powder. Stir well to combine and release oils.
- Add chickpeas, marinara sauce and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in yogurt, season with salt to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over rice garnished with cilantro