On Saturday, I spend a good part of the day baking and doing some prep work for a birthday party we had for Kurt this weekend. You know what makes me really happy? Listening to music and randomly dancing with Briana while I cook. I just hope that somewhere inside her little mind, memories are made and when she gets older she can remember these little moments.
Along with Gina’s Bangin Grilled Shrimp I made a simple Mediterranean Salsa appetizer to feed our guests while I finished getting dinner ready. I bought a parmesan cheese baguette at Trader Joe’s, thinly sliced it and served along. So fresh, simple and crowd pleasing.
This Mediterranean Salsa would also be fantastic with grilled chicken or shrimp for lunch. I also used this as a pizza topping by baking up a store bought whole grain pizza dough and topping with this salsa. Kurt loved it.
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled and cut into small dice (about the same size as tomatoes)
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fat free feta cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cover a large platter with olive oil.
- Top with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, dill and feta.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with crackers or a thinly sliced baguette