I’ve got an idea for leftover rotisserie chicken! Because I love sharing my ideas I’m going to share it with you. 🙂
Rotisserie chicken is so versatile. I can think of a dozen dishes to make using chicken leftovers. However, some of my favorite ways is to use it in a salad.
While I love loaded salads, really love loaded salads I hate having the same one all the time. Kurt can eat the same toppings on his salad every day. My taste buds won’t allow me to do so. I won’t be satisfied. In a search for a new way to use leftover rotisserie chicken I came up with a Moroccan Chicken Salad that went perfectly with mixed greens and a grain such as farro. The combination of chicken with farro, carrots, cumin, herbs and cinnamon is delightful. This is not your traditional mayo loaded chicken salad. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I happened to really love traditional chicken salad as well.
This one is a much healthier yet very flavorful dish.
So give this recipe a try. The only way you can be sure whether you love it is to make it.
And trust me, you will.
Have it on its own or on a bed of greens, either way is delicious.
What’s your favorite way to use up leftover rotisserie?
What’s your favorite loaded salad?
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine farro, chicken, carrots, scallions and olives in a large bowl.
- Whisk together broth, orange juice, lemon juice, cilantro, oil, cinnamon, cumin and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl.
- Toss dressing with farro mixture.