I keep my promises. 🙂 And as promised i’m going to share my recipe for One Pot Pasta.
Once in a while a dish comes along that changes the way you prepare a certain ingredient. This is officially my “I’m lazy and don’t feel like cooking” go to dish. Except it’s not what your average lazy meal would taste like. Simple, yet full of flavor, this is one dish that you must try.
I don’t think I’ll be going back to cooking pasta the old fashioned way unless of course it’s has to be. Although I’m not a big pasta lover, once in a while my cravings demand some.
So what’s the trick. Well……
There is no trick. 🙂 Just throw all the ingredients in a pot and let it cook together slowly. No need to drain the pasta and there will be plenty of sauce.
Don’t you just love it already? 🙂
Please make it and let me know what you think. Enjoy.
- 1 package spaghetti (1 lb)
- 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 large basil sprigs, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4½ cups chicken stock (or vegetable for vegetarian version)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients together in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir every 2-3 minutes to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Allow to cook until most of the liquid is gone but enough where there is enough sauce on the bottom. This should take about 10 minutes.