What a week I’ve had! Work has been demanding but rewarding and exhausting at the same time. I am so glad the weekend is almost here. In a few days I will be relaxing on a beach in Punta Cana sipping on a big margarita but until then I’ll enjoy this glass of red wine.
My brain is so fried I’m going to get straight down to business and share this simple, healthy and delicious recipe. Kurt and I love fish, we eat tons of it. We’ve always eaten a ton of seafood but ever since we adopted the Mediterranean diet fish has become the staple of many dinners. A few nights ago I made a Panzanella Salad with Salmon. You want to know the best part, it only took me about 15 minutes to make the entire dinner. Can’t beat that!
Panzanella Salad with Salmon
Author: Kathy Steger
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large english cucumber, cubed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded romaine hearts
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- whole grain (not wheat) bread, 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- s&p to taste
- 1 tsp dry garlic powder
- 2 salmon portions
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables.
- Add bread right before serving and gently stir to allow bread to soak in juices.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Saute in olive oil until lightly crispy on each side.
- Serve over panzanella salad.