I can’t seem to get that Bud Light tailgating commercial out of my head.
“What is that a loofah?” ….. “It’s QUINOA” (he pronounces it kweeno)
Just in case you haven’t seen it I included a YouTube link for your pleasure. Enjoy.
As a foodie and a healthy food blogger I definitely laughed a little harder than others. I’m sure there are many people out there that have never even heard of quinoa. Let’s be honest, that quinoa patty in the commercial looks gross. It’s won’t make a believer out of anyone, but this quinoa tabbouleh salad will.
I happen to love quinoa. Thankfully so does my husband.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¾ english cucumber, small dice
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small red onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa with chicken stock according to package directions (Tip: use rice cooker). Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion and all the herbs.
- Stir in cooled quinoa, olive oil and lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Best served chilled.