This dish?! Oh THIS dish!
How can I describe it to you? Well you know when you eat something and the entire time all you can think of is how bad it must be for you? You wonder how many calories you’re eating and at the same time you continue to eat it because it tastes so good? Well this is not one of those meals except for the last part, it tastes super good. It’s also loaded with protein, vitamins and veggies. Mexican without the guilt. Don’t you love it already? I certainly did.
Mexican food is some of my favorite but we all know it’s not the best for our waste lines. My mission here is to create a dish with mexican flavors without adding inches to my waste.
I really loved having an egg on top for dinner. However, for lunch I had it without the egg and its was equally delicious.
How do you feel about having Mexican food now?! I strongly suggest giving this recipe a try.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup lettuce, shredded
- ¼ cup corn
- 2 tbsp Chobani fat free greek yogurt
- 2 small tortillas
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- fried egg (optional)
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of stock in the rice cooker
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan heat olive oil and saute onion until translucent.
- Add drained black beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix chopped tomatoes and cilantro in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 10 seconds.
- To arrange the bowl, top tortilla with quinoa, lettuce, beans, avocado, corn, jalapeños (if using), tomato mixture and greek yogurt.
- If adding an egg, fry and serve on top of the bowl.
- If you like your food spicy serve with hot sauce of your choice.