I’ve been on a fix lately. Eggs for dinner.
Eggs on a toast is a timeless dish. It’s been made for generations. Fried eggs, scrambled eggs, poached eggs. You name it. I bet it’s been served on a peace of toast. One of my favorite dishes is fried eggs with roasted asparagus and all it’s yolk glory. Armed with a piece of whole grain rustic bread I simply get lost in it. I mean does that not speak sweet sweet comfort to you.
Kurt is an egg junkie. The man loves eggs. I have to admit at the beginning of our relationship I screwed up eggs a lot. He used to laugh at me all the time. “How can you make such wonderful food but not know how to cook eggs”, he’s say. I made it my priority to master eggs. After all my husband’s happiness is of an importance to me. Guess what?
Eggs… I mastered.
This dish is on a whole new level of great. Toasted Sourdough bread, smoked nova salmon, roasted asparagus, herbs and of course, slow cooked eggs. I know you get it. Now go make it and enjoy. Let me know what you think once you’re done.
- 4 slices of smoked nova salmon
- 2 sourdough bread slices (or any other good bread)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp low fat milk
- bunch asparagus
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp Earth Balance (or margarine)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat asparagus with olive oil, season with salt and red pepper flakes. Roast 15 min.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites and milk. Season with salt and pepper and whisk well for about 2 minutes.
- Melt earth balance in a skillet over low heat, add eggs and cook stirring every 30 seconds until the eggs are fully cooked but are still moist.
- Toast bread in a toaster.
- To assemble. Arrange smoked salmon over a piece of toast, top with roasted asparagus and slow cooked eggs. Enjoy!