Happy Fall Everyone!
Tonight I forgot all about eating healthy and I made some comfort food. Kurt and I are pretty much meat and potato kind of people and comfort for us has to include potatoes. My work week has been completely insane, full of meetings and strategies, demanding my full attention. I admit, I enjoy challenges that come with it but many nights find myself simply exhausted. Our dinner was simple yet so flavorful I had to make enough to bring some for work the next day.
As the week is coming to an end I am finding myself wanting to decorate more and more. The Fall fever is catching up with me and tonight I found myself looking for inspiration and ideas. Just take a look at what i found. Isn’t this cute?
I can not wait to decorate over the next few days, go apple picking and have some spiked apple cider. MMMMMMMM.
Enjoy the hash!
Sausage Hash with Baked Eggs
7 medium potatoes
4 hot sausages, casing removed
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1. Poke potatoes with a fork and microwave about 6-7 min until almost cooked. Cool and cube into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 2. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 3. Meanwhile sauté sausage in a skillet. Make sure its all metal as it will need to go in an oven.
- 4. Once sausage is all cooked, drain excess fat and add chopped onion. Cook about 1 min.
- 5. Add cubed potatoes, press down to smash a little and sauté about 5 min.
- 6. Make four wells in potatoes and crack an egg into each one.
- 7. Bake for 10-12 min.
- 8. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy.