“Better a life full childish dreams than a dreamless life”
One pot pastas, aka Wonderpots, are on the list of my favorite dinners to prepare. They are simple, quick and clean up friendly. It might be the easiest pasta you’ll ever prepare where even the pasta cooks right in the pot. Throw all your ingredients in and Vola! dinner is served.
For this recipe I used italian sausage, mushrooms and mozzarella, sort of like pizza turned into pasta dish. But the highlight here is all that fabulous sauce that settles to the bottom of the pot. It is full of incredible flavor leaving you desiring seconds. We could’t help ourselves and it was a smashing success especially with Briana.
What I love most about this miracle of a dish is how versatile it is. You can use a variety of ingredients, pastas and sauces. The end result is always delicious. I used a combination of diced canned tomatoes and jarred vodka sauce. I also used egg based farfalle but traditional farfalle will work as well. Since egg pasta cooks faster keep in mind that if using regular farfalle you might need to adjust the amount of liquid you add. Just keep an eye on it and add more if necessary. You want lots of sauce here.
Hope all of you are having a great week. Enjoy the rest of it. Weekend is just around the corner.
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- ½ jar (12 oz) vodka sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb italian sausage (5-6 links), casing removed, crumbled
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- bunch of basil
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- ¾ cup italian blend cheese
- 2 cups of water
- Olive oil
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil, add crumbled italian sausage and sauté until no longer pink. Drain most of the fat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium high heat until the pasta is fully cooked adding more water & vodka sauce if needed.
- Stir in the cheese, remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.