“Self-education is the only possible education; the rest is mere veneer laid on the surface of a child’s nature.” ~ Charlotte Mason
I’ve been doing lots of soul searching lately. As good as I have it I feel there is always room to grow, improve and become a better person. I don’t have everything figured out. I make mistakes. I make up my mind and then change it. I have strong feelings and opinions. At times, I feel like a little lamb afraid to express myself. I am human and life is all about learning. That’s the beauty of being alive.
I started reading a book called “The Power of Positive Thinking” after a few rough days of dealing with negative encounters. No matter how strong of a person you are it is draining when negativity surrounds you and demands your attention. I’m not a confrontational person, but my beliefs are strong and I won’t do things that are wrong because it’s simply inconvenient for someone else to do them the right way. So in my latest self-education phase I want to learn how to turn the negative away and not allow it to control my day. I don’t want other people’s garbage on my garbage truck.
Now let’s talk about food.
I made you a very delicious chicken salad sandwich with peas and grapes. If you have never tried grapes in the chicken salad YOU MUST drop whatever you are doing and go try it. Yes, I mean now. Go!
I first got hooked on grapes in the chicken salad sandwich at Panera and have never turned back. This is a perfect recipe for leftover chicken and it comes together in 10 minutes. You can’t beat that. Guess what I’m having for lunch?
- ½ cup leftover chicken, diced (I used leftovers of rotisserie chicken breast)
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 celery, diced
- 8 seedless green grapes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp reduced fat Vegenaise (or mayo)
- 1 tbsp good quality ranch dressing
- bunch of watercress lettuce
- Mix ranch and Vegenaise together in a bowl.
- Add diced chicken, peas and celery. Stir gently to combine.
- Add grapes and some watercress, gently fold the mixture.
- Serve over a piece of toast with additional watercress.