Sometimes it’s great to let the slow cooker do all the work and that’s exactly how this dish came to be. Over the last week Briana has been very sick. In an effort to help her fight the sickness I made the ultimate get better dish, Chicken Noodle Soup.
Chicken soup is not only good for the soul, my grandma swears that it helps beat a cold as well. Who am I to argue with the woman. Since I was sick as well and had little desire to spend hours in the kitchen cooking the soup from scratch I turned to a reliable kitchen helper, my slow cooker.
Making chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker is a breeze. I might never make it the traditional way again. The trick is to add noodles in the last 30 minutes of cooking. I hope you make it. I know you will love it.
Have a beautiful weekend.
- 4 chicken breasts or boneless thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 chicken bouillons
- ¼ cup white wine
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup noodles
- Set your slow cooker for 5 hours on high.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and herbs to the slow cooker.
- Lay chicken on top.
- Add bouillon, white wine and water. Cook on high for 4½ hours.
- Add noodles and cook another ½ hour.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.