My baby girl is starting first grade today!
The past few days have been filled with emotions and anxiety. Emotions about leaving the comfort zone of her old nursery school, her old friends but most of all emotions about starting a brand new chapter. As a mother the desire for my child to be comfortable and happy is constantly present. As a parent I know these experiences are great for her. As a person I can completely relate to her anxiety.
She asked if she can skip the first day. She cried because her best friend is going to a different school. She repeated how anxious she is and simply wanted to cuddle.
When she gets on the bus I will be a crying mess.
So I simply leave you with a delicious corn bread recipe. Talk to you soon!
- 1½ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Medium Grind cornmeal
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add milk, honey, eggs and butter. Mix until all the ingredients combine and the mixture is smooth, about 1 min.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake until golden about 25 minutes.