I hope you all are enjoying your weekend as much as I am. I wanted to put up a quick post and share a recipe for a fantastic and refreshing cocktail that takes 5 min to make. As I mentioned in my previous post I am really enjoying all the fruits of the season especially watermelon. I wanted a refreshing cocktail so Hubby made Tequila Watermelon Fresca. YUMMY. Enjoy!
Tequila Watermelon Fresca
- 5 lbs seedless watermelon, cut into quarters, grind removed
- 8 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt (helps bring out the sweetness of the watermelon)
- 1 1/4 cup blanco tequila
- 1. Add half of the watermelon to the blender with a half cup of water, half sugar, half lime juice and blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour into a punch bowl or large serving container.
- 4. Repeat the process and add it to the container.
- 5. Now add a pinch of salt, seven cups of water and tequila. Stir well.
- 6. Serve over ice.
- Cut ingredients in half to make less. Stores well in the fridge for up to 2 days.