If you’re reading this there is a good chance you are looking for a good hangover cure or something other than the traditional Bloody Mary to make for brunch on Sunday. Either way, congratulations, because you have found the perfect brunch/hangover cure/new favorite cocktail. Depending on what part of Mexico you might have been to, chances are you’ve experienced a version of this amazing drink. Thank heaven for the Michelada and the Ojo Rojo as they are God sends after a long night of sampling all the wonderful tequilas the other side of the border has to offer.
Kurt and I officially labeled it “our drink”.
It all started in Los Cabos or maybe in Cancun…. well it started somewhere in Mexico. After a fun night of tequila sampling we found ourselves at the pool bar avoiding margaritas yet looking to load up on the share of drinks included into our all inclusive package. The same all inclusive package that caused us to sample too much of the tequila the night before. Clearly we do not make good decisions when all inclusive packages are involved.
The Ojo Rojo, however, is the exception to that rule.
Here is to a happy hang over free weekend as well as week ahead of us. We are officially on vacation, off to a tropical paradise. 🙂
- 6.7 oz maggi seasoning
- 7 oz Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- tabasco to taste
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Tip: Store the mix in the Worcestershire bottle (or mason jar) in the fridge.
- 16 oz glass filled with ice
- 2 tbsp Ojo Rojo mix
- 8 oz clamato
- 8 oz beer (preferably Mexican like Sol, Modelo or Corona)
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add Clamato, beer and mix. Give it a shake or two to combine the flavors.
- Pour into the glass filled with ice. Enjoy.