HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WOOD BUTCHER BLOCK
Wood butcher blocks are a style statement for every kitchen, but it’s important to keep them clean to prevent food born illnesses. To avoid cross contamination in the kitchen, use only non meat products on your block. It is best to use a plastic board to cut up meat, fish and poultry.
- Start with hot water and a clean dish cloth.
- Add some dish soap and clean the board thoroughly.
- Rinse with water and dry off the board completely.
- You can use household bleach to spray and wipe the board to disinfect it every couple of weeks. Make sure to rinse well and dry completely.
- Apply mineral or olive oil liberally to the board and let it saturate for about 2 hours.
- Wipe clean and you’re all set.