Sounds simple enough. In reality it can turn out to be a disaster. There are many ways to make a poached egg. I find this way to be easy and it always works for me.
1. Bring some water to a boil and add a splash of vinegar to it.
2. Now, listen up, this is crucial. Lower the heat to very very low. You can not have boiling water or even simmering water and make a poached egg, just doesn’t work. The water has to be just barely simmering.
3. Crack an egg into a small bowl.
4. Slowly add the egg to the water and try to keep it all in one place.
5. Give it a few min and your egg is ready.
6. Take it out with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain the water.
I know you can do it. Now go on, go make your poached egg and let me know how it comes out