I am looking forward to this weekend. Super Bowl is here and we’re having a party. I planned a pretty extensive menu to feed the crowd of about 15. Tonight right after work I am heading straight to the grocery store. There is no way I am attempting to shop on Saturday. It always seems as if there are gazillions of people and only four registers open.
I get excited to throw these sorts of parties, but my sanity is somewhat on the line. In efforts to reduce the stress and make the process smooth, I am doing some prep cooking on Saturday.
I got a great loaded nachos recipe for you in case you’re still looking for ideas for Sunday. They turned out so good Kurt and I ate this entire dish all by ourselves. Thankfully these are much healthier, meat free and loaded with veggies.
I know we’re going to have tons of fun. I know my guests are going to absolutely love these nachos!!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- hot sauce, to taste
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- chopped tomato or favorite salsa
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, add red onion and garlic. Saute about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, jalapeños and cumin. Season with salt to taste.
- In a small pot, combine refried beans, sour cream and hot sauce and heat through.
- Arrange tortilla chips at the bottom on a baking dish. Top with refried beans mixture, veggie mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese melts. Top with fresh tomatoes. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with guacamole on the side.