Who’s still full after last week’s festivities?
This gal sure is.
All that heavy food left me craving vegetables like they were going out of style. I have been on a total veggie kick for the last few days. I juiced everything I can find in my fridge and roasted every vegetable imaginable.
Happy Wednesday! The weekend is almost here. Well, not quite. However, it is the day to share what I’ve been eating and to catch up on other fabulous eats out there. Check out the WIAW party over at Peas and Crayons.
This is the first year that I am completely obsessed with roasting vegetables. It is an easy way to bring out their flavor and a healthy way to eat a variety. I don’t know what took so long for me to start roasting but I’m glad I finally did.
While my latest obsession is roasted vegetable soups I don’t want to bore you with constant soup recipes so today I’m sharing a simple recipe for Roasted Carrots with Honey Mustard Cumin Vinaigrette. While Kurt and I were enjoying this dish to my surprise I discovered that our six year old loved it just as much. Yay!
I know all you moms out there get excited when your kids try new veggies and love them.
I haven’t had a chance to photograph the rest of my eats but they were pretty simple. Everything but the kitchen sink juice for breakfast, salad for lunch and Roasted Carrots with Salmon for dinner.
Enjoy the rest of your week and thank you for stopping by.
- 5 medium carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally into 1½ inch slice
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp extra olive oil
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- feta cheese, optional
- Arrange carrots and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining olive oil, honey mustard, vinegar and cumin. Set aside.
- When the carrots are done, remove from the over and combine with the dressing.
- Garnish with parsley. Top with a little feta cheese, if using.