The desire to grow, develop and create never seems to escape me. I am not comfortable doing nothing. I don’t like the routine. I crave adventure, fun and excitement. I like to be on the move, do things and explore. I am the type of person that will get in the car and drive 20 miles to visit a good supermarket or venture out 40 miles from home for a great Sunday breakfast. I am the same way with my blog. I love to challenge myself to learn, especially when it comes to food photography. After all there is so much to learn and I know so little. I love reading other blogs with beautifully photographed food. It’s so inspiring and appealing.
With that said let’s talk about What I Ate.
Morning started out the usual way…. with a smoothie. I have become so accustomed to having one that the days I don’t my body doesn’t quite feel right. I even have Briana sharing it with me while I drive her to school. We give our smoothies cute names, depending on what’s in them. I’m happy as long as it helps me to get her to drink it.
I had soup for lunch and then a little of these Kale Chips from Trader Joe’s. I am so addicted to them. DELICIOUS!!!! Must try.
I am very excited to share my dinner with you. This delicious Avocado Lettuce Tomato Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri Sauce was so so so so good. And so simple to make….
I used a grill pan to cook the flank steak right on the stove. Then before slicing it, I let it rest. That is the key to moist and juicy steak. Don’t skip it, you will lose all the juices.
Thanks to Peas and Crayons for hosting.
- ½ lb flank steak
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- sliced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Chimichurri Sauce
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (can sub 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Generously season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill pan and grill the steak 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Set aside to rest.
- Brush each piece of bread with extra virgin olive oil and grill a few minutes on each side.
- In a food processor or a blender, combine all the ingredients for chimichurri sauce. Blend until well combined.
- Thinly slice the steak.
- To arrange the sandwiches, place a few steak slices on a piece of bread. Top with tomato, avocado, arugula and jalapeños. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Place the other bread slice on top.
- Slice in half and serve.