The desire to grow, develop and create never seems to escape me. I am not comfortable doing nothing. I don’t like the routine. I crave adventure, fun and excitement. I like to be on the move, do things and explore. I am the type of person that will get in the car and drive 20 miles to visit a good supermarket or venture out 40 miles from home for a great Sunday breakfast. I am the same way with my blog. I love to challenge myself to learn, especially when it comes to food photography. After all there is so much to learn and I know so little. I love reading other blogs with beautifully photographed food. It’s so inspiring and appealing.
With that said let’s talk about What I Ate.
Morning started out the usual way…. with a smoothie. I have become so accustomed to having one that the days I don’t my body doesn’t quite feel right. I even have Briana sharing it with me while I drive her to school. We give our smoothies cute names, depending on what’s in them. I’m happy as long as it helps me to get her to drink it.
I had soup for lunch and then a little of these Kale Chips from Trader Joe’s. I am so addicted to them. DELICIOUS!!!! Must try.
I am very excited to share my dinner with you. This delicious Avocado Lettuce Tomato Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri Sauce was so so so so good. And so simple to make….
I used a grill pan to cook the flank steak right on the stove. Then before slicing it, I let it rest. That is the key to moist and juicy steak. Don’t skip it, you will lose all the juices.
Thanks to Peas and Crayons for hosting.
ALT Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri Sauce
Author: Kathy Steger
- ½ lb flank steak
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- sliced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Chimichurri Sauce
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (can sub 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Generously season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill pan and grill the steak 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Set aside to rest.
- Brush each piece of bread with extra virgin olive oil and grill a few minutes on each side.
- In a food processor or a blender, combine all the ingredients for chimichurri sauce. Blend until well combined.
- Thinly slice the steak.
- To arrange the sandwiches, place a few steak slices on a piece of bread. Top with tomato, avocado, arugula and jalapeños. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Place the other bread slice on top.
- Slice in half and serve.